Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A DEAD MAN'S TALE by James D. Doss ***

It's a western type story by a naive writer. Story is about a guy who thinks he's going to die, knows day/time etc. Absurd as that is the cops actually believe him but leap to the conclusion a gun is involved.

Up to page 50 for me was dreadfully slow. There are more details than I care to read about in this novel. Sort of a smug or tongue in cheek style of writing I don't care for. Just my preference. In general the writing is good, the story moves along very slowly, not much goes on except small town crap like rumors, following people, sticking noses in other's business, cops with not much to do. Lot of internal character's thoughts, writer asides to reader, stupid jokes and singing.

If you like singing, westerns, chatty down home style this is for you. Not me. It's old fashioned stuffed shirt stuff, ghosts, crows talking to people, ESP. I'm more than likely not going to finish this -I got more books yesterday and this one- too boring or immature for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment