Friday, June 29, 2012

STORM DAMAGE by Ed Kovacs **

Just started reading it but already I got stuff to bitch about. There's a "copper" (writer calls them that) named Honey Baybee. I can only surmise he promised one of his favorite hookers her name would appear in his next book (maybe even more than one). An abomination, cop named for a hooker. DUH. There was a murder of some store owner and his body disappeared. But this is during/after Katrina that devastated New Orleans so everything is a mess that Mr. Hired Detective has to go thru. I can't stand mafia type people and their wars, which is implied at this point in the book so I don't know if I'll bother with it. After Honey Baybee it's too ridiculous to continue without laughing out loud and I'm only on page 40. I can see where someone else dog-earred a page then returned it to the library. So I'm not hopeful.

I'm on page 99 and tomorrow it's being returned to the library. The copper stuff is dull. I really don't see anyone naming their little daughter Honey Baybee, and I don't see a cop renaming herself that. Maybe as a stripper but permanent? She thinks someone will take her seriously? How? Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment