Thursday, September 5, 2013

TRAIL OF BLOOD by Lisa Black **

I almost read to the end because I had nothing else to read for awhile. This has two murder investigations going on, one 50 or so yrs ago the newer one is when the book was current which was 1963. There is no end to the murder mysteries that begin with one from 50 years ago. This sucks and pisses me off. I hate old crap murders. Either start fresh or stop writing this nonsense.

I find both investigations boring to the max. She writes in some old fashioned antiquated style: "Greer didn't, though, merely turned away and took a few unsteady steps. the Thunderbirds did a vertical climb over the lake, their engines whining, their sharp outlines silhouetted against the cobalt-blue sky. The cops present watched, of course, as anyone would, but Theresa stopped to swat a late-sesason mosquito and therefore witnessed the councilman drop to one knee and lose his lunch onto the grass." B-O-R-I-N-G.

There is way way too much space filler such as that all over the book, it makes you want to rip out page after page. I skip a lot of the reading to avoid these mindless traps of boredom. My opinion is find something more current, this shit sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment