Sunday, August 31, 2014

DON'T EVER LOOK BACK by Daniel Friedman ****

I began reading this and wished my dad could have had the chance to read it also. The author has a great eye on elderly and my dad would have thought parts of it, esp. in the beginning were funny. It's about a cop who is 80+ years old so the story has a back story in 1965 when he was a cop. He is still trying to catch his nemesis even from his old folks home while using a walker.

The back and forth from 1965 to 2009 is a little disconcerting but I think it's easy to get over if you aren't falling asleep while reading it. There were many areas in the book I just passed over. I'm not a fan of descriptive narration. It bores me. Even telling me the story going on in 1965 bored me. I would have given it 3 1/2 stars instead of 4 but I don't have half stars.

I would get it at the library. It's not bad, has some comedy to it, lots of personality of the characters but I couldn't say this was a murder mystery. It's sort of between a mystery and a delusion of grandeur.

No comments:

Post a Comment