Thursday, May 13, 2010

The BOYS FROM SANTA CRUZ by Jonathan Nasaw *****

Moves along very fast, most of the time you wonder 'where is he going with this' and you follow along for the ride. Some amusing stuff, ironic stuff, running around here to there. Nothing confusing, good descriptions and the characters really have their own personality so I like that about it.

It's about a kid who has lots of trouble, is institutionalized and wants to retaliate but the story is really everything in between that.

There are a few minor things bothered me like why did Rudy keep some pot in his vehicle when it must have been a huge relief to sell it all and go home plus he must have his personal stash at home so I don't get why he kept some kilos in the car? Left me wondering why....and a van full of money sits left alone for 10 yrs in an empty barn? Think not. Kids love exploring that stuff, even his own main character used to do that so I can't see why it'd be left intact for 10 yrs. That was unbelievable. But then again most of it is!! LOL

I never attached to the main character which was probably intentional -I don't know. I did sort of like the FBI guy chasing him around so since I'm not done yet I hope he's not killed off.

Great read, keeps you interested, moves quickly and hard to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment