Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FORBIDDEN by T.Dekker & T. Lee ***

It's readable. It's futuristic or mythological however you want to see it. Story about life without what the heart of life is, sort of dead people going thru the motions of living but mostly about the wealthy inheritors and their battle for control of the world. 5 people drink some blood and spend a bit of time 'feeling' emotions. Lack of emotions is called the Order and most people rigidly follow along altho you don't really see any day to day of people's lives.

Of course I don't like books without an ending and this one you need to read more- this is a series "The Books of Mortals" and there's a lot of repetition which is another thing I don't really like. Expect love, death, carrying hearts around, headless corpses, battle for supremacy and stuff like that.

Your call if you like series-type mythological stuff or not. I'm not on that bandwagon. I esp. hate the non ending. I read 376 pages with the expectation I would 'get somewhere'. Didn't really happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment