Monday, May 19, 2014

WINTER PEOPLE by Jennifer McMahon ***

I sort of liked it but most of the time I couldn't tell one character from the next. There are maybe two that have distinct personalities, the rest all seem to be the same age, without good descriptions. The novel bounces back and forth to 1/29/1908, 1/12/1908, present day.

After a chapter 1908 I get introduced to people and some of them speak in the first person, others don't. I just tried to keep the people straight with the time frames and had a hard time picking up the book, putting it down, reading in bed and then trying to remember WTF is going on with who and when.

I found it confusing, obviously but I suppose there's bizarre story line in there with dead children and parents who want to bring them back to life, which only BTW happens once. Despite forcing m to read 300 pages.I can't figure out how much I cared for the book. It was in the so-so category.

No comments:

Post a Comment