Saturday, July 5, 2014

The INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd **

The librarian said she hated this book but I got it because it was on the best selling list. If you want to compare black history books I'd prefer Roots, 12 Years A Slave or the book written by a white reporter about the slaves in her neighborhood that told of each slaves story. Much better. This book tiring, boring, long winded and dead in the water.

I couldn't get past 55 pages. For one thing this isn't a murder mystery, so I don't like that much, then it's full of descriptions and made up descriptions from each person in the story. I really  am not a big fan of a narrative novel. You need to grab my interest quickly or bye. I don't have the patience of a saint. Just a reader trying to get thru someone's b.s. Not happy with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment