Monday, February 9, 2015

BATHING THE LION by Jonathan Carroll **

I read the entire smallish book. It's described as 'residents all share exactly the same dream and realize they are aliens leading normal lives' until they meet up and shake hands letting loose their life experiences or some such b.s. For one thing not one of the dreams has a beginning where someone falls asleep in a bed. I have NO IDEA when any dream existed. Not a clue.

Next you meet one person then they are with someone else, so you follow along with the new person until that person meets someone else and so on. Very confusing and non coherent. Too many characters to keep track of. I really had trouble figuring out the mess in this author's mind. I have no idea where I was led by reading this, why I was led there and what information was exchanged or how it helped/didn't help mankind.

What was the POINT?????? I don't understand what the point of the novel was. I read a TON of books and under normal circumstances I can tell you what the book is about. This one is a no brainer, meaning has no brain. It says on fly leaf, "from the dream they learn they came here from  another place, somewhere unimaginably distant where they once worked to determine the fate of every single thing in the universe.' WTF??? Also it reads "now they're being called back" which you think means a disappearance of some sort. NOPE they are happily going about their old lives as if nothing happened and will have no memory of what happened, just like ME.

And.....who fucking bathed a lion? What the hell does that mean??? Either too obtuse or meaningless made up name picked from a hat of titles. No bathing. No lions so don't go looking for any.

No comments:

Post a Comment