Wednesday, May 27, 2015

SCARLET GOSPELS by Clive Barker **

Usually I enjoy stuff by Barker but this book is really horrid far as I'm concerned. If you're a Christian maybe it'll be interesting to you, for me I could give a shit about hell or Lucifer or anyone wanting to take over hell. The monsters had 40 eyeballs, several mouths, got turned inside out, blood everywhere. Harry, a private detective, for some god awful reason, I think he was following pinhead who had his blind-ghost-seeing female friend and took her to hell with him.

Pinhead was trying to take over Lucifer's place, that didn't go as planned. The entire book was so repetitive, if 3 people went someplace and 3 more people followed he just had to copy/paste the landscape and scenes because it was the same old shit over and over again. Got really fed up with the lack of a real storyline and plot. It was boring me to tears.

So surprised to hate a Clive Barker novel but there ya go. Hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment