Saturday, August 15, 2015

GATHERING PREY by John Sandford *****

Of course this is a great book, once again Sandford pulls off a page turning thrill a minute. I hated having to fall asleep and kept trying to read, when I'd fall asleep the little flashlight I use never got turned off, and the book fell out of my hands without me being able to mark the page. Kept having to buy new 2032 batteries for the light and re-find my place every morning.

This is about a bunch of crazy travelers who move around the US, and they try to pretend on and off to be Juggalos (who knows...whatever!) anyways the crowd Lucas Davenport has to deal with are crazy killers. They stomped someone to death, a friend of his daughter's; Letty. Then everywhere they went they pretty much switched cars killing the drivers or entered homes and killed the owners. Had cop shoot outs, road blocks to get thru and lots of guns, shootings and even some gun armed residents had their shots at the gang.

Near the end Lucas, broadcast on TV, says the bad guy Pilate is a coward who ran when he knew cops were showing up, hides behind women when someone has a gun aimed at him and pretty much steps over all his little disciples at will right up to the very end. Pilate gets a little ticked off. Not giving anything away. Edge of the seat reading and I would buy it. Really great story telling here.

Not a lot about Flowers, which is good cuz I hate his stupid white trash girlfriend who he called "mama". I just can't abide her at all. I'm wondering how many kids he's fathered with her by now. Probably 3 to add to her collection of about 10. The town white trash pump. Not only do I hate Flowers -I learn he's "just a kid" like what is that?? She's got 10 kids so she's gotta be at least 30 and began spewing out babies at 15 or less and how old is Flowers? In his mid 20s? What? I'm so confused but just know that I hate his taste in women and I hate that he's so dumb she's what he thinks a woman is. DUH. Not liking him at all. He should find a chick higher up on the food chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment