Sunday, November 29, 2015

The GAMES by Ted Kosmatka ****

Since I really liked the last book I read written by Ted I went back and ordered the 2 I didn't read from the library and finished this one today. It's pretty much your standard monster story.

The future has Olympic games with 'lab created' monsters in a pit sort of fight to the death kind of thing and the US has won several games in a row. This sort of weird guy named Evan designed a creature made from ideas he got from various employees working on the same thing but apparently Silas is the boss in charge yet he knows nothing about the creature or what it can or can't do and is shocked to see it growing wings as it develops over the year before the games. Not a very involved geneticist at all far as I can tell. Fortunately for future scientists he's not around to screw up the planet a second time.

This Evan computer genius guy has a kid growing somewhere inside a computer (don't ask me I didn't write it) and it's somehow (don't ask me I didn't write it) connected to the monster. I am clueless how this exists. Anyway it's, of course, doomed from the start. Expected ending was expected.

I will say that the first novel I read was much better than this one. I was only so so into it and wasn't a page turner FOR ME. I sort of had my suspicions about what would happen and duh...I was correct.

Didn't hate it, didn't love it. If i read this one first I wouldn't have been so eager to read more of his stuff, glad I didn't and have the next one waiting at the library hope it redeems him somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment