Tuesday, January 23, 2018

BLACKOUT by Marc Elsberg *

One star for taking time to write a novel. Bored the shit out of me. There are days to remember as well as cities & countries; Milan, Rome, Ybbs-Persenbeug, Brauweiler, Lindau, Berlin,  Schiphol, Paris, St. Laurent-Nouan,  Calabria, Basilicata, Apulia, Campania, Enel, Sicily,  Colon, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Austria in less than 20 pages: ETC. So good luck with that.

Now lets count people to memorize as you drift off to sleep in 10 pages: Pero Manzan, Gulia, Paola, Valentina Condoto, Guiseppe Santrelli, Herwig Oberstatter, Jochen Pewalski, Sophia Angstrom, Lara Bondoni, Chloe Terbanten, Fleur van Kaalden, Frauke Michelsen, Helge Brockhorst, Holger Rhess, Mr. Badersdorf. There are more after 10 pages I can't bear to go on.

Mostly this is a boring repetitive story about power being hacked and all over the European countries they are going black and nuclear power plants are heating up and people are scared all over and on and on with the power going out descriptions. I DO NOT FUCKING CARE. Just say all over Europe went black and get on with some kind of story line I can happily follow to the end. BUT no such luck.

So there ya go I quit at page 96 it was relentlessly repetitive over and over the same old shit. Good thing I took out 2 books from the library and I hope the next one isn't quite as completely off the charts. It sucked. "More than 2 million copies sold". I bet.


No comments:

Post a Comment