Wednesday, January 27, 2010

EVIDENCE by Jonathan Kellerman *****

Here is an author I know and respect. The beginning starts with a bang...or an interrupted bang - 2 people were doin' it and got murdered during. Sounds great. I'll get back with more as I go.


Nice gradual intros to everyone involved at the beginning with flowing prose. Maybe five characters and some are temporary so I don't have to learn them.


I know who, what, when, where and how because I was gently led around the scenes. The characters are well developed, rounded out and almost real. The night watchman who found the body was well crafted for such a small part. Great descriptions, the dialogue reveals personalities without paragraphs and paragraphs of narrating like previous novel. 


Nice interjections of humor between Milo and Alex the two compadre crime solvers. Still reading....happily...engrossed....suspects on the horizon and one victim ID'd.


Still enjoying the book. Sometimes when I get a book at the library I read it then wonder if the reason I can't get involved is my fault but then I get to a book like this and wow....such a difference I know it's not me. It flows so easily from scenes, to dialogue and all is carefully explained without suddenly jarring me back into 4 narrative paragraphs of past crap I don't need in order to carry the story forward. Not many authors have that ability and it should be a requirement to carry the story line forward. If not editor....DELETE.


Finished. Good story, well written, believable characters, entertaining and not a chore at all to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment