Tuesday, January 26, 2010

KILL FOR ME by Karen Rose

I read during the day and to fall asleep so I don't like a cast of thousands. This one has Monica, Cassidy, Bobby, Charles, Rocky, Granville, Mansfield, Dan Vartanian on the first PARTIAL page beyond the prologue.

Can't we start a simple story with one character doing something or going someplace then intro someone else here and there once I get into the lead character? If I'm hit with 14 people in 10 pages I generally hate them all...if the author needs a chart to work from I ain't reading it.

This one has many Vartanians early on, all related and I'm supposed to keep a family tree while I'm trying to read. My goal reading is to see the story happening in my head. This book was too much work and that mental story never happened.
The prologue is intriguing but after that all hell breaks loose. I read about 100 pages and quit.

no stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment