Saturday, January 1, 2011

The BRIDE COLLECTOR by Ted Dekker **

Another author title more important than the book title. That's good cuz I don't think I'll be looking for another TED DEKKER novel. It appears intriguing enough and starts off ok but the novel gets so bogged down in crap. You're taken to a 'Center for Wellness', in other words a nuthouse and you are then drowned in all the random thinking of all the insane. It's so boring you just want to close the book and be done with it. It's like pages of listening to someone's dream. No kidding. It's so tempting to just get another book instead of trudging thru this internal thinking of all the nutjobs. I would rather have scene details, most of the time I'm confused about who is doing the internal ranting and to whom and where we are.

The killer's notes are really stupid. Somehow, and I have NO CLUE how the lead cop (FBI Brad) connects the killer's letter to the nuthouse just because it says "intelligence is centered" in it. Some magical force jumps to the nuthouse and there we go off to be brain damaged by boredom. Page 96 "Brad....hovers over the case like a mother hen, knowing that FOR ALL THE WORLD HE COULD NOT SEE, something was  indeed happening." WTF does that mean? Then another killer note says "Be careful who you love. I just might kill all the beautiful ones. I am more intelligent than you. blahblah" and Brad suddenly takes that as a personal threat. I don't see where it's personal. For one thing it's not handwritten like the other letters, then it's not written as a riddle of some kind and now it's a personal note to Brad? HUH? How does Brad deduct this? His name isn't on there. Just because it was stuck on his window? HUH? Lots of unexplained puzzlers.

There's a lot of so bizarre sexual attractions of Brad, the killer and all the weird females involved so have a good time straightening that out. Half the time you have no idea what's physically happening. The killer is talking to a passenger in a cop car he stole and blahblah on and on till finally you find out she's got a bullet in her forehead. There was a hint but COME ON. Tell me up front what the fuck is going on. You shouldn't make me linger for pages to learn something so stupid because I tend less and less to believe where you're trying to take me. A shame cuz I think I liked the last book he wrote. Also killer tells a victim to get a beauty makeover (yeah I know) then says 'send it to me' (a pic). This insane girl later sends a pic via a cheap cell (he gave her) to him, "the only number in the phone." I would not know 'send it to me' means use the phone so how does the insane girl? How does she know to use it as a camera? She's insane! When she used the phone to call for help Miss Smarty Pants could have given the cops or who she called, the killer's cell number and they could locate him by satellite. HEL-LO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment