Monday, January 24, 2011

DARK PROPHECY by Anthony E. Zuiker ****

Well I read the first of the 'series' as well. This one, at first, is a little repetitious. Over and over about the wife dying and the baby needing him....blahblah if he wants to see her so frickin bad GO SEE HER. Meanwhile back at the ranch, good murder stuff and he's hunting the killers who's baby died and the couple is blaming the world. I don't remember how baby died. Clueless. Maybe it was mentioned- but once? Don't know and I'm done reading the book.

Dark chased them as some private secret agent type with a female who helps him remain covert. I don't like how fast his past co-agents are willing to jump on him AS the killer. Ok, he's edgy and tense all the time but pick one. Killer or manhunter.

The book comes with an online movie of some sort where you type in whatever it tells you before each tarot card. (Tarot card murders). What pisses me off is I can't get into the site without saying "Yes go get my personal information from my email web address." So NO THANX. Privacy is a dirty word in the 2000's.

Good read, page turner BUT: Page 110 there are screams inside a bathroom due to dead body..."a bouncer ran back to the ladies room to find it locked." Where screams come from genius?  Boss (Lankford) of some secret agent place walks out of his office on page 125 leaving a snoopy journalist. Unrealistic and how'd he get the job being so stupid and all?

This writer started the CSI infestation. Good read but to spend money on it I'd need to type the code words in without signing in to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment