Monday, February 21, 2011

DAMAGE by John Lescroart ***

I think this is the first book of this author I've read altho he's got a few. Took me a long time to read even tho it's not a large book. It was slow going. It's very in-depth of all the many characters, and their families - their internal thinking becomes tedious FOR ME. Someone else could love it. I just am not a patient reader. I want nitty gritty, murders, action, movement, propel me thru the story don't drag me.

There was overkill on the lack of evidence throughout the book. I mean only the last 20 pages deals with real evidence relating to any murder. I prefer; less people, more details regarding murder and investigation.

We begin with a nasty killer who gets out on some kind of technicality and it seems no one can pin anything else on him to get him back in jail. That's the tedious part. On and on about how they can't get him for anything. No evidence on Ro's crimes, none on his bodyguard's, none on an unrelated murder, it becomes so unbelievable and not so much a murder mystery as a 'WTF do cops and prosecutors do exactly mystery.' The book seems to have been written to exploit an area of legality where criminals get out of prison and it's not easy to get them back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment