Wednesday, March 14, 2012

GAME OF SECRETS by Dawn Tripp *

Wow, I really was bored to death with the descriptions of everything. Winter....who hasn't been there? We need 4 paragraphs describing it? Or a boat? Or water? Isn't it's cold and wet sufficient?

People's names...we had to be awake pacing the hallways to come up with some of these: Luce Weld, Ada Varick, Vivi Butler, Marne, Ray, Alex, Elise, Huck, Green, Junie, Scott, Silas, really fast and furious with the names. I got half thru the book and NOTHING was happening except a scrabble game. Big whop. I mean nothing.

Some secret was probably going to be told before the last page but I gave up waiting due to overwhelming boredom freezing my brain. Some weird writing too, like she thinks her prose is poetry when it's just driving me crazy. Mostly the story seems to be about relationships. Who's related to who, why and how and are they still alive and does anyone care. If you have a hard time giving a shit about fake people this is NOT your book. If you are soft in the head about them continue on.
Yuk for me and didn't finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment