Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MURDER ONE by Robert Dugoni ****

I can't put stars yet I just began reading this but I gotta say the premise irritates hell out of me. Some guy screwing some lawyer chick whose daughter died of a drug overdose is going to sue the drug supplier for the kids death and try to take all his money away for poor little kiddies who get strung out on drugs. I gotta say the girl was addicted for years after a car accident. She probably didn't buy ALL her drugs from this one guy. So go ahead and sue the entire planet of drug dealers? Then we have the o so obvious SHE DID DRUGS. Her choice. She didn't try to stop doing drugs. So let me start off by saying I hate that premise of the story. I will read it cuz it's all I got at the moment.

Ok I'm about half thru and it turns into a murder mystery and court case. We're now in court cuz the mom of the dead girl is charged with the drug dealers murder and personally I think she did it but our hero David Sloane (who is doing her) is also defending her. He doesn't think she did it. If she did do it she's a moron.

It started out as your typical I read 100 of these similar type books and it's true I have but once you get into the part he actually believes her your wonder keeps the pages turning. I wasn't inundated with too many people altho there are a lot of them, I just fly past names here without paying attention. It's not bad reading really. Good library find. Not as good as some but certainly not as bad as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment