Thursday, July 18, 2013

MAD RIVER by John Sandford *****'

Another very good, well written novel from Sandford. It has Virgil Flowers the cop in it and there are lots of killings going on, he's chasing the bad people-a couple killer kids mostly- all over the MN area.

Some guy wanted his wife killed so he could have the money, hired the teens, they began killing people for like cokes etc in stores and running all over hiding. One gives himself up claiming he didn't do anything and was a hostage. Find out more about that and read the book.

On page 373 was a very forceful truth because I did animal control for years and had a file an inch thick of other people telling me how a breeder was torturing or killing dogs yet I'd go there and see nothing. In the book Davenport says to Virgil how come we haven't arrested so & so yet. And Virgil says no proof. That's so deep in my heart. If I had proof of what this person had done she wouldn't be allowed to own a dog. 

So good reading and I liked the storyline. Has a Bonnie and Clyde theme to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment