Friday, July 5, 2013

SEVERE CLEAR by Stuart Woods ****

This probably should have been read by me before the other book I reviewed but it doesn't really matter much. Stone Barrington always has someone to screw, there is a lot of that going around. Mostly beautiful people, rich, arrogant and ambitious.

So Stone is opening a new hotel in his dead wife's memory called the Arrington and the president, his wife and the president of Mexico are having a meeting there to sign something or other. In the meantime bombs are being built and delivered by terrorists, some of which are related. These guys get jobs in the hotel or rooms and a trunk is delivered before the hotel security is warned about potential bomb threats so they never see that one.

So the story moved along quite well, not a nail biter but basic good story with one actual personality. A girl who wants to play piano probably had the most personality of anyone else in the book. The rest are like the author positioning bodies for things to happen to or for them to solve stuff. I still have no idea what anyone looks like.

Do any of the plastique bombs go off and destroy millions of people and some wealthy land owners in Bel-Air or is Hollywood safe from disaster? I thought it was ok, but I think Woods does too much gratuitous sex, too little of people personalities and a lot of shifting scenes. I would like to know who Stone likes, why, what's so appealing blahblah, same for the other people. No real motivation that I can see. If I saw it at a yard sale or the library I'd pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment