Friday, September 11, 2015

SOLITUDE CREEK by Jeffry Deaver ****

This is the author of the Lincoln Rymes stories but it's about a female cop named Dance. There are multiple over croweded venues where people are panicked and running for exits, like a movie theater a band, an elevator whatever and some guy is making videos of his work.

Anymore story telling on my part is going to give it away. I found some of the scenes with the children tedious. I don't really need pages and pages of some shy teenager's angst. That was pretty much all that irritated me, aside from the beginning which was kind of hard to get into. I spent like 2 days reading and re-reading the first couple chapters to get who's who straight before I outright stabbed the book. After about chapter 4 it seems to glide along like you never had issues. There were about 2 occasions when "she" should have been used instead of "he" or vice versa.

Who ever did the editing pooped out there and someone crossed out the last letter of "seem" and added the M so I don't know what was corrected. Just typo's the copy editor could have easily picked up, seems the readers are! YES you should quit your day job and good luck to you in your next career, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment