Wednesday, May 16, 2012

KILLING KATE by Julie Kramer ****

Quick moving, with humor here and there. A reporter is doing a couple stories and gets personally involved and on the killers list of victims. The ridiculous enters when she believes she has a guardian angel who is really the killer following her around. She actually BELIEVES she has a guardian angel in the flesh. Dimwit. I hate religion tossed haphazardly into my reading material. I don't enjoy fantasy writing.

Her boyfriends name throughout the entire book was I believed "Garnett" then in one paragraph on page 269 she begins to talk about someone named Nick. WTF is a Nick? Where'd that come from? Suddenly one section, on one page, his name turned into Nick. So most of the time during the story she writes using his last name for everything??? Who does that? I never met anyone calling their husband or boyfriend by their last name IRL. That sort of threw me off track. Lots of other people in the book have their first names used so I don't understand why Garnett is favored over Nick. Confusing.

So people are being killed, serial style killer and she's writing stories for her paper about it and doing a little investigative work and interviews that lead her around in and out of trouble. That's about the jist of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment