Saturday, May 12, 2012

NEED YOU NOW by James Grippando **

People praise this "nail biting style"on the cover and I was mostly bored propping myself up to keep track of names, agencies they belong to, good or evil, lying or not, it was a smallish book but most of the time I was confused. It wasn't my fault either. Cast of hundreds of characters, self important higher ups nobody cares about.  Many descriptions of physical things, more so than people or their actual feelings.

Money is missing, no one ever finds it, no one ever knows what it financed, lots of people are killed mostly in disgusting I-don't-wanna-know ways. Thoroughly disappointed, normally I like his books.
His leading character's job description: Wall Street advisor at the worlds largest Swiss bank. WTF does that mean? I never once saw him working, or doing anything related to work, or even in a Swiss bank. WTF does Lily do that directly ties her to billions of dollars in losses suffered?
Beyond my care meter. Blah. Mostly due to the plethora of side characters I don't GAS about.

No comments:

Post a Comment