Thursday, June 21, 2012

The SKELETON BOX by Bryan Gruley ***

The names of places in here are depressing; Starvation Lake, Hungry River, and some other one. Long involved murder about a nun in the 1950's which most of the people involved are luckily still alive. The main character's mom is involved hiding info and evidence. The protag is a newspaper writer. So of course some of the townspeople are either involved, know who was and suddenly for whatever reason people are now being robbed or killed for a map mom drew 30 yrs ago.
Lots of people mentioned, names galore, too many personalities and twisted motives. Of course involving, nun, priest and baby. Not really a book I'd look to read but it was fair to ok for me.
I don't like old mysteries. I like newish murders, forensics, ongoing on the run hiding etc.
This was an old forgotten mystery and for me the reading went slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment