Sunday, July 29, 2012

EXIST*ENCE by David Brin

I'm not a big sci fi fan but there are some books I loved in the past. All the books by Douglas Adams were just wonderful. His imagination stunned me with his creativity. So once in awhile I'll try to read one that's not part of a series. I chose this because the title was intriguing. The inside cover sounded like a book I would enjoy.
I was wrong. So confusing with some kind of space guy gathering space junk. He finds something shiny is where I'm at now but then I have to read something about two people having what....um...text sex or whatever? I don't even know because it's so confusing. Here's some copy:Immigrants stirred things-the big S music scene was raki and manic arts flourished, encouraged by a faint glow surrounding old downtown on the quay was lively as three sailors haggled with a smoke artist whose delicate portraits couldn't be reproduced by nanofax or shipped my omail. They forked over cash and watched her puff a gel-hookah, adding clots of fast congealing haze.
It's just so out there with the stupidest details. I might not mind the story but the sidetrack stuff is killing my interest. I just cannot get into it at all.
Not going to finish past page 21. It's sooooo confusing. No stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment