Sunday, July 29, 2012

HOT WATER by Erin Brockovich ***

AJ gets involved/hired by a company that runs a nuclear plant to figure out why someone is tampering with things there. Which is caused (if I read this correctly) by a religious nut who wants profits from the growth of the facility. Meanwhile back at the ranch, her boyfriend and a cop girlfriend are watching her wheelchair bound genius son.
The son's grandfather is very wealthy and for no reason I can figure out wants everyone out of his way so he can raise the child. So he has hired a gunman to kill everyone who can deter him in his evil plan. This part actually is half the book, the nuclear plant the other half. No where in the story is anyone ever able to telephone mommy and tell her all the courtroom drama, grandfather tampering. They call her for like days and hourly and something is wrong with all the phones, the area has no towers. I don't know seems fishy to me but that's the story. I really didn't get why this kidnapping/courtroom child thing was going on to the point where the granddad was going to KILL THE MOM???!!!??? WTF?? No motive I can see. I had a difficult time swallowing this entire half the book.
The best character in the story is Morris who naturally gives his life to save the nuke plant from decomposing and radiating the entire state of VA.
Entirely not my style of writing or reading topic. Didn't particularly care for it. Not a murder mystery. Not even a real mystery. Just a slowly unfolding story.

No comments:

Post a Comment