Sunday, August 5, 2012

DARK MEN by Derek Haas ****

Very short and quick reading. Fast, you don't want to put it down. But it's a spy thriller, which for me isn't really a murder mystery so it's not something I'm used to reading.
Bunch of spies -assassins really, running round the country holding hostages so the other spy will show up at designated places.
This one spy doesn't like giving up on his prey and kills the spy who was after him creating the hiring factors to want him as their spy. It sort of was whoever lives gets to join the club.
The focus of the story; Columbus, had retired and was spending nice quiet days with his new true love. They get her involved as well and I'm not giving away the ending for you. I did enjoy reading it, but could go thru life without reading another spy novel. I just don't care about them. Killing people is killing people. They aren't 'nice' people to me. I prefer my main characters to chase killers, not to be them.

No comments:

Post a Comment