Monday, August 27, 2012

THE VANISHERS by Heidi Julavits *

This is about a character named Julia. She starts off working for some weird dark woman who runs an institute for people who can read minds and see the future etc. So Julia kisses her when she's asleep and then things go downhill from there. She loses her job. So no more psychotic people that read minds, now you get psychotic people talking about how people want to get out of their lives without suicide. They make a good bye film, as if it were suicide and just wander away into a new life allowing family to believe they're dead or something.

So I'm at this "party" where a bunch of people are discussing some of these films they watched, they like quoting Sylvia Plath (but of course) and I just am so bored with it all. It's too elitist for me. I hate it.
I can't read it anymore, there seems to be no point to the story at all. Or if there is I don't know what the point is and I'm done at page 90. Kaput.

No comments:

Post a Comment