Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SHATTERED by Kia Dupree ***

This is a book about a girl who has a lot happen to her, she's a hooker, a runaway, a foster kid, raped by her brother, on and on bad stuff keeps happening over and over and it seems like she hangs around people who are going to allow this crap. She snorts coke, she ends up being a human mule and eventually it all comes to a head.

How did her boyfriend NOT KNOW where she was or what was happening to her on their "vacation"? He stupid? Or what? There's a lot of poor grammar spoken by about everyone in the book. Too much about what they wear, brand names and shit like that. I really could care less. Apparently this chick's life is dependent on having looks and hot clothing. She's a party girl with poor taste.

I didn't really like the premise of the book. This is not a murder mystery by any means and not my type of book. If I knew what it was about I probably would have passed. It was a fast read, easy to get thru once you learned to suffer the lingo. If you like reading about misfortune someone actually aims for you'll enjoy the book. I got more brains than the main character but I suppose the reason I like dogs over people is due to people in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment