Wednesday, February 13, 2013

BLACK DIAMOND by John F. Dobbyn ***

Mostly about the Irish, their past, the present, fixing races at Suffolk downs and a minor child kidnapping. Lots of 'mafia' types and trips back and forth to Ireland, US. I really didn't find it all that exciting. I suppose if you're Irish and can put up with mafia types who hang out in bars, and men who think they're cool to be mean this is the one for you~ me not so much.
The ending makes no sense to me. I've been to lots of races, horses and dogs. Anytime a jockey falls from a horse or jumps off or a dog catches the rabbit or any thing like that occurs it is declared a NO RACE. So in this story the reason for a jockey to jump off a winning horse is illogical. The race wouldn't have counted. Author should go to more races, me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment