Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FALLEN MASTERS by John Edward ***

At first the book is intriguing but after awhile it gets repetitious and boring. It just goes on and on in the same boring tone with different characters. Not one character stands out in any special way from anyone else.

There's some stupid singer I suppose is tailored after Taylor Swift, John Travolta is in the story. It's mostly about good vs evil and all the power that be are battling a dark cloud versus people being told by ghosts of other people how to be good. It's almost pathetic in some places how obvious it is.

I really lost interest around chapter 80 someplace and had to force myself to the end by skipping a lot of pages. So much blah blah blah could have been chopped out of it and the most mind boggling, idiotic ending about some singer at the Academy Awards with some other 'good guy' was really the frosting on the cake. Come on the Academy Awards?? WTF? I laughed due to the absurdity of it all. The ghosts and "other" place was about as smarmy as you can get and the ending was pretty boring. I gave it some stars because it began ok and I was interested enough to continue but someplace it lost a hold on me and I began hating it totally.

It became a joke at the end, really. Bad joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment