Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SILHOUETTE by Dave Swavely ***

This is a futuristic novel about the rulers of the different sections of the new world. The leaders are sort of at odds with each other and the main character Michael who either killed his own daughter or didn't. I couldn't tell you because he thought he was being controlled mentally by a chip of some sort and remembered blowing up his best friend and little girl. But seems that these mental chips aren't yet feasible so who the fuck knows whether he killed his daughter or not. I have no clue. Which is why I kept reading the stupid thing.

There is so much explaining of the futuristic equipment, bullets and the like that I wasn't fully into the novel. I only kept reading to see if he killed his daughter or not and never got an answer other than there is no such thing as a mental chip that forces anyone to do anything. 

Big war at the end between Michael, the founder of the Bay Area Security Service and his son. I wasn't ever thrilled into turning pages. For me it was so so futuristic chasing novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment