Saturday, November 23, 2013

REMEMBER AMELIA by Kimberly McCreight *

Well the type is kind of small. There are tons of useless person descriptions. I mean geez, paragraph after paragraph of everyone's life history. Unnecessary waste of my time. If the nanny doesn't live there anymore I don't want her life story or how long she was there or who the fuck misses her. Big deal. Just say, her childhood nanny was vetoed by Amelia. THE END.

So then I have to read about all the lead character's lawyer work, her friends, her co-workers, how she went to law school. How she dealt with her pregnancy unmarried. And BTW one of the worst parents I ever heard of. She chose a child over abortion I would think she should give her child all her attention instead of leaving her to cope with teenage life alone. DUH. Once you decide to have a kid, you have a kid! Not a career 45 mins from home/school etc.

Do you not understand McCreight that EVERY frickin word is to move the story forward? You delay and delay and I got so sick of it I stopped reading. Not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment