Saturday, November 2, 2013

W IS FOR WASTED BY Sue Grafton **

::Yawn:: I don't know what it is about this novel that was terribly boring for me. Could have been the dozens of characters involved, a bunch of names to memorize, or the descriptions of people's lives from birth onwards in some cases. I didn't really have a cohesive picture in my head of anyone but Henry, the cat and Kinsey. But I've read a lot of her novels and maybe that's why the 2 humans stood out.

On page 306 she has a flat tire that has been punctured on the side near the rim. Now that happened to me as well and no mechanic can "fix" that, you need a new tire. Tires can only be fixed by a plug if the hole is on the part riding on the road.

At the end Kinsey ends up with one of her "relatives" moved in with Henry and we never see the end of that. I have NO CLUE why that girl, Anna, was in the novel at all. WhyTF did she move in with Henry and WTF was her purpose for being there at all? She was a hastily sketched person with barely a personality and I can't see why she followed Kinsey home. WTF???

For such a large book the story had a lot of time to WASTE before hinting at the very slow moving story line. So I can see where the title came from. WASTE of paper. Was a fan, thinking of moving on. I just didn't get it with all the stupid characters, drunks, bums, doctors, research, bad medicine, nothing showing up in the autopsies not even the bad drug that supposedly killed 3 people. So I'm just gonna go hit up the grand marnier and get myself wasted cuz this was over bearing boredom FOR ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment