Saturday, November 16, 2013

The HOMECOMING by Carsten Stroud *

Wow, I didn't read the first book so this one was nonsense to me. Utter stupid nonsense. Here are names you must learn up to page 9: John Parkhurst, Mogan Littlebasket, Thad Llewellyn, Inge Llewellyn, Nick Kavanaugh, Beau Norlett, Mavis Crossfire, Tig, Dillion, Delia Cotton, Gray Haggard, Kate Walker, Twyla, Bluebell, Coker. Continuing on to page14: Zachery Dak, Mark Hopewell,  Edgar Luckinaugh, Boonie Hackendorff, Byron Dietz, Beth, Reed Walker, Marty Coors, Linus Calder, Axel, Hannah. That's 24 names in half as many pages. Dumb ass names BTW. Somebody shoot me! Shoot me NOW!!

So I am half thru the miserable confusing stupid ass book. Nothing at all makes sense to me. People disappeared in a mirror, which is covered in a blanket in someone's house; people who are supposedly involved somehow in the story from the early 1900s, Rainey, Axel are two kids and no one really knows how old Rainey is, even himself. It's just so far off that I think writer needs medication. Serious meds. And a nice quiet corner.

I really have to stop now I can't stand it anymore. It's pure unadulterated torture for me. I don't care about anyONE in the story. I don't give a flying fuck who lives or dies or what Chase Run, Tallulahs Wall, Upper Chase Run, Crater Sink, Armory Bridge, and more people. I just GIVE UP. DONE. OVER. If I owned it I'd burn the sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment