Thursday, February 20, 2014

SYCAMORE ROW by John Grisham ***

I just finished the book which has a hold on it so I read quickly. On a scale of 1-10 the 1 being bad, 10 great I'd give the reading of the book from the beginning a 4. It was so so and tepid for me. Lots of introductions and lots of people, who they are trouble they get into etc. Jake is a lawyer and his client hung himself and left a debatable will leaving his kids out of it and maid in it. So big disturbance.

The courtroom crap I really had to skim thru it, for me...boring. Back to the scale still a 4 maybe a 5. I was tolerating it mostly because he's a good writer.

Then, once you get thru all that 300 boring, crappy pages you finally get to a bit of interesting stuff in court. Of course the best is saved pretty much for the last couple chapters by then if you are still reading it >CONGRATS!!! I finished it and at the end I still wouldn't give it a 10, maybe an 8 or something. Wasn't all that and bag of chips for me.
Get it at the library. Certainly not a reason for me to wait for 300 people to read it before me, it had that many reserves on it. Poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment