Saturday, June 14, 2014

DEAD MAN'S FANCY by Keith MCafferty ***

This book was sort of confusing. I'm done reading it and haven't figured out who was murdered by whom. The person thought to be dead wasn't. The little wolf pack friends were sexually active but no details so it's hard to know why one of his past girlfriends killed him. The worst part of everything is that so many crimes are committed and not one person is arrested.

I don't like to read mysteries that don't get cleared up at the end. This was a book like that. Sean one of the aids in solving crimes is a fly fisherman. There is way too much moose killing off season, fishing and killing of animals. The real animals in the fiction were the people. They should have been killed, shot and gutted. One dead girl tripped into a hot pool of mud I guess and her murder was solved but the guy wasn't arrested.

The antlers on the cover do not resemble moose antlers in any form unless it was some kind of small baby moose, I don't know. I never saw a moose with a set of deer antlers. EVER.

I wouldn't recommend this to animal lovers. I wouldn't recommend this for people who hold relationships with another person as a compassionate agreement between 2 people.

There is way too much killing of animals in here esp. wolves which is a controversial subject but if I had five bucks I'd bet this writer is a conservative "animals are here for us to use and abuse". I'm not a vegetarian but killing animals as a sport to  me is disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment