Sunday, June 22, 2014

KIND OF CRUEL by Sophie Hannah *

This novel is weird. Part of it is about a family around Christmas all getting together (long ago) when a married couple and their two kids disappear for like 12 hours and no explanation is given. This family member Amber Hewerdine is obsessed with trying to figure out where they went without just asking them (too obvious?).

I read up to page 135, she is doing some hypnosis trying to remember where she saw the words written down that said Kind, Cruel, Kind of Cruel. She hasn't got a clue and is mentally searching all over some past house for the words she thinks she saw. Personally I just think she's whacked out. I hated the novel. I hated to keep reading it. I hated how entirely boring it is waiting and waiting for anything to peak interest more. There is no incentive whatever to read pretty much nothing but one person's thoughts page after page after page. BORING as all hell.

Never going to finish it. Good luck if you picked it up. Another English writer must be why I hate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment