Saturday, October 11, 2014

IDENTICAL by Scott Turow ***

I found it somewhat readable but there was a lot of narrative and family stuff and history. On page 27 -28 there are so many people introduced I couldn't keep up with them after that: Raymond Horgan, Stan Sennett, Paul's cousin, Dita's murder, Sandy Stern, Cass, Nico Della Guardia, Mark Crully, Hal someone. This is still early in the book during some law case and it didn't matter much in the long run so why waste brain cells? Paul is running for office, his brother Cass was in jail unless they were trading places.

One guy named everyone in his family after Greek Gods, his name is Zeus, daughter Aphrodite, Cassius, lots of that and someone is named Evon (that's a name?) I guess it was a shortcut to Yvonne. Personally it took way too long for me to get information. It was windy twisty turny and went everywhere but straight to the matter at hand. I was pretty bored during most of it and skimmed over plenty of pages of narrative garbage.

Make of it what you will. I wasn't into it. Or it wasn't in my head the way I like my novels to become like a movie I'm watching, this one didn't do that. Very intrusive stuff, choppy writing. Not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment