Tuesday, November 25, 2014

SAUCER SAVAGE PLANET by Stephen Coonts ***

I didn't think this was a "bestseller" by any means but after reading the last book by Phillip K Dick I think this one lacks whatever Dick is writing.

This is sort of about an alien who appears human and he's lived thousand years or so going thru time with Vikings, and Indians having a family and children. His space ships are discovered, they are run with headband and ESP. Some girl just walks onto one and can fly it in no time. Meanwhile the alien called Adam Solo joins a group to destroy DNA that would solve cancer and have people living thousands of years which makes the words "population explosion" obsolete. The planet would be overwhelmed. Anyways I didn't think it was a page turner, I got thru it fast because I needed to get it out of my head, some places I skipped pages and pages of explanations or narrative and only reading the first line got me the basics.

Too many boring sequences and some repetitious areas that were distracting from the main story line. Didn't love it didn't hate it. So so.

No comments:

Post a Comment