Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WHERE MONSTERS DWELL by Jorgen Brekke ***

This is of course written by a guy from Norway. I'm not fond of non-American murder mysteries. There is one character cop from the US involved but not very much. There's a lot of screwing going on which I also don't much care for but it led someone else to become a killer of his wife and son due to her cheating.

Several times I had to just put the book down and take a break. It was full of characters, a lot of them on the sidelines and unimportant but you had to read thru that crap to continue on. There are lots of places that are difficult if not impossible to pronounce nor do I have a desire to figure them out. I can't understand the label "The #1 international Bestseller" What a load of crap. This book had too much narrative descriptions, too many sexual goings on, too many people to count, travel here and there and who gives a crap. Certainly not me.

If you seriously need to read about a Norway murderer then by all means get it at the library. If I knew what this was about FIRST I would have left it on the shelf. I did read the entire novel because I had become deeply involved with names, towns and who was doing what. The fact someone was using skin as a book cover or parchment paper was an interesting angle but I still had to leave the book and escape. Usually books ARE the escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment