Tuesday, December 9, 2014

KEEP QUIET by Lisa Scottoline ***

If I wrote this I would cut about 100 pages of repetitive story line. Over and over how bad everyone feels about the tragic death of a runner (track?) around a curve in the road. They even arrange this huge meeting in like a gym or something crowded with all the people from the school to discuss her tragic loss and say nice things about her. I have never in my life heard of this being done, aside from the fact the "praise overdone" lasted about 20 minutes.

The husband allows his son to drive and he hits someone, the rest I'll leave to you to find out if you decide to read this. Really I couldn't get past all the over and over grieving and blaming and sadness and blahblah geez. Not to mention the "secrets" they all kept from each other during almost the entire novel. Dysfunctional family but not typical.

I wasn't hot for it, I had to slog thru much of the boring stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment