Tuesday, April 6, 2010

FiNAL EXAM by Maggie Barbieri **

Just began and it's a mystery but the beginning is all about a religious school, a priest, nuns, the bible -so I don't know how far I'll get. Keep religion out of my mysteries, if I want to know anything at all about religion I'll go peek in that section while at the library. I hate being fed this bible crap when I'm supposed to be entertained.

So waiting for it to get interesting. It's already childish and boring with extant words verbalized by people supposedly beyond the 1880s. Or maybe I've got it wrong and the story is taking place in some earlier century, not sure cuz I don't hear about cell phones...but no covered wagons. Will letcha know. Probably the writer is from Mars.

"Her husband was Crawford's partner another detective named Fred Wyatt." So how many Fred Wyatt detectives could there be? Missing a comma, much?

Some things are attempts at humor, and some things are pretty inane like the lead is a temporary house mother and parks in her normal spot at the college parking lot (where she works) and now everyone is telling her she's a resident and not to park in her own parking space? WTF? There are pages of this nonsense. O and just for convenience's sake all the Lacrosse team live on the same floor so when the game is over all the students are 'home' and she can lock up. RIGHT. I believe in the 'toof fairy.

There's a lot of religious crap so if you're not into that rigid mental freeze move along. The story line isn't all that and a bag of chips either. On the cover she's compared to "the Plum series" and "VI Warsawski" which must be some sort of joke.

Will finish but only cuz I don't want to drive to the library 2x in one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment