Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SAND SHARKS by Margaret Maron ***

I've only just begun...to live....I mean read this. So far I'm disappointed. There are approx. 2 new names per page and it hasn't slowed down up to page 36. One of my pet peeves.

Main character Deborah (do NOT call her Deb), has a 9yo stepson she has a need to manipulate along with her new husband. First she forces him to smell a scent that reminds him of his dead mommy, then she gets all crazy because he and dad would rather eat fast food on their day out together instead of an apple and PBJ sandwhich. I mean she gets a bat up her ass over it. Very controlling and manipulative thruout. This horror is going on a convention out of town where she's fucked everything moving in the past so of course her new husband seems a tad worried cuz he's not going with her.

She's a judge, on a judge convention at the beach, one of the judges get murdered, then a hit and run, then another murder. Not very mysterious yet all the clues are hidden until the very last page.

Someone's name is Jonna...is that like John married Anna? They get Jonna? What the hell kind of name is that? Continuing on.....as I must.....

Wasn't the worst book I ever read but not on the top 100 list either. It's fair, stays interesting, moves along. Some mindlessness about shopping, clothing, makeup, and hard to tell her take on gays (People are whoever they are I don't care).

The names do come fast and furious but I just skip over them all pretending none are necessary to the story line, sometimes I had to backup and figure out who was what but otherwise not too tedious. Read at your own risk of wakefulness memorizing names while falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment