Friday, June 10, 2011

MURDER in PASSY by Cara Black **

Looks like author drinking tea or demitasse on back flap...shoulda had a clue but I picked it up anyways. Flics apparently are cops. Lots of other French terminology crap to go with that. I'm only around page 60 but I'm skipping over a lot of descriptive b.s. cuz I'm trying to stay awake. Of course the PI is so much more intelligent than the flics and her godfather is being accused of a crime. He goes to jail, gets beat up and at the end goes right back to his cop job. Protag Aimee Leduc doesn't seem all that bright, or the French PI's have less technology to work with. Not horrible enough to quit reading but not intriguing enough to drag around from room to room either. Something about Basques, old vendettas or promises and who all knows. I couldn't figure it all out. Confusing.

Aimee is on the case, get used to all the French-isms and plan on going slow. Not my cup of tea. If the title was Murder in Pussy; well that would be interesting wouldn't it? LOL Meanwhile brace yourself for a slow mover. Books like this; why? and who publishes this crap? I have read 1,000 better books. Bottom of the barrel. I still don't know where all the American mystery writers have gone. Sick of foreign crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment