Saturday, June 18, 2011

The NIGHT SEASON by Chelsea Cain ****

The book is in pouring rain throughout the novel, flooding etc. An old body from another flood shows up just to make things more twisty. So the dead body's son who kidnapped a kid awhile ago (fruitcake) goes around killing people with octopi. Yeah, don't ask me I didn't write it.  In one scene where the octopi are swimming around in ice cold flood water apparently they can still be alive and kill when they are salt water creatures who would probably be more concerned with survival than looking for victims if they even had the strength to bite someone. Meantime lots of people die by octopi. Couple cops and nosy reporter are on the case.

Thing I really despise is the references to the past book...a series. Please spare me. And there aren't too many people who would take someone serious as a writer (like main character) if they had purple, pink and all the colors of the rainbow for hair with rainbow boots. She has a goat in her house. Really. I mean.....really. When I worked at a newspaper I didn't see one nose ring, tattoo or any purple hair. It was unprofessional and lots of children are led around to see how newspapers are made, along with reporters needing to be taken seriously at crime scenes and in court with lawyers etc. Grow her up or kill her off.

Please stop the series repeat nonsense. If you are going to force me to read books in some kind of order I will not read your books. Keep your main characters, assume we read the last book and move along. STFU about the past. It's past, keep it there. Actually the references were few but not few enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment