Monday, August 8, 2011

The 2 DEATHS of DANIEL HAYES by Marcus Sakey****

Well not a bad read but it seems superficial to me for some reason. Not in depth feelings-wise or heart felt or something I don't know what is lacking I just feel something is.

So a couple are, I suppose, being blackmailed into giving up a half million dollar necklace. The actress wife did some slutty photos in her past and can't let them get out into the public. So meanwhile all this crap happens where the husband is so distraught thinking she's dead that he drives across country to drown him self. Guess there's no water in California? So anywho somewhere near the end husband finds out his wife called the blackmailer and then suspects they're co-conspirators which IS NEVER explained nor dealt with again. So WHY for shits sake did she call him? WTF?

The ending was unsatisfactory and ambiguous. Some guy is left alive when 2 people are supposedly dead. Which one is alive? Guess the author doesn't know because he can't tell his readers. I got no clue. Whyever I don't know. It's a fast read, but not a very deep novel. Like i said, I can't tell you what's missing but something is. The wife has almost no personality to speak of. They seem like mannikins performing functions. My take. Get your own!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment