Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The CONFESSION by John Grisham ***

I found it very dry and it had an agenda, promoting a commission to review cases in TX to see if people are innocent or guilty. So it was a case study of a sort and the entire beginning you feel as though you've read this book before. Someone was convicted of a crime, declares innocence. You meet all the players; judges, lawyers, prosecutors and their entire dull families. Then the case is upset when the real murderer confesses. O by the way, the not real killer also confessed, people lied under oath, other people fudged the truth.

So anyways I skimmed thru the entire book. It wasn't that intriguing for me, I didn't find it unique or exciting and barely worth pursuing. Grisham is usually very good reading but this time I wasn't into it for whatever reason. Honestly not sure why that was. The actual story with the priest, his wife, the murderer showing where the grave was (too late of course to save the innocent guy) was long, long boring, long, dragged on and on and wasn't the least bit interesting.

That's my take.

No comments:

Post a Comment